Friday, November 7, 2014

Instructor of the Month! November 2014!



Michaela Ison has been a member of our Continuing Education family since January 2014 and is an amazing instructor! She is the instructor for our Pharmacy Technician Program.
We asked Michaela a few quick questions to get to know her better:

What is your favorite part about teaching? My favorite part of teaching is when I see a student have that "a-ha" moment. That is when I truly feel fulfilled as an instructor.

If someone were to describe you in one word, what would it be? Determined. I am more than willing to go the extra mile for my students. I always let them know I am here to see them succeed and will put in the extra hours needed to see that to fruition.

What’s your #1 most played song? "Sitting on the dock of the bay" by Otis Redding performed by Smith & Meyers.

What is your favorite form of exercise? I love yoga or gardening.

What’s your current favorite TV show/Movie? I cannot get enough of Sons of Anarchy. It always keeps me on the edge of my seat!

What is something you learned in the last week? I have learned that a good teaching method is videos. The students always seem to absorb more information and they seem to engage in much more meaningful discussions.

When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time? Sad but true…I take PTCB practice tests. I love a challenge

Where would you go for your dream vacation? I would go to Greece. I love Greek mythology.


What advice do you have for new instructors of Continuing Education? Patience is a virtue. Always take time to get to know your students. Showing an interest in someone may be all they have that makes their day!

No comments:

Post a Comment