Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Instructor of the Month! February 2014


Sabine Fundling has been a member of the Continuing Education family since 2009 and an amazing asset to the team! She teaches Beginning Belly/Oriental Dance!

We asked Sabine Fundling a few quick questions to get to know her better:


What's your favorite part about teaching? The best part is to see a student’s joy and excitement, when they are able to do a move or step they thought they would never be able to master. To see the gradual change in many of my students, as they become more comfortable with their own bodies. 

What would you name the autobiography of your life? When life gives you lemons, learn how to make lemonade!

What’s the #1 most played song on your iPod? No specific song or artist, but I generally prefer World Music.

What is your favorite form of exercise? Dance of any kind, but of course, belly dance is my favorite.

What’s your current favorite TV show/Movie? Bomb Girls, it is a series about women who worked in bomb factories during World War II.

What is something you learned in the last week? Christmas can come more than once a year.

When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time? If I am not dancing, I am reading, knitting or playing a puzzle game.

What advice do you have for new instructors of Continuing Education? Pay close attention to your students. The expression on their face will tell you how you are doing as an instructor. If something doesn't work, I will look for a different way to approach the subject. I will keep trying, until I find something that works. No matter what skill level I am working with, my goal is to not leave anybody behind.


To see Sabine Fundling’s classes and more, visit http://www.ctcd.edu/ce/schedule.pdf to register or get additional information. Give us a call at 254-526-1586.

No comments:

Post a Comment